Missouri Support & Services

COVID-19 Support & Services

Centers for Disease Control (CDC)

Center for Disease Control (CDC)

  • To learn about the symptoms of COVID-19, how to stay safe, and what to do if you get sick, visit CDC’s COVID-19 info page at https://bit.ly/2JPsMkb



  • Feeling sick and need to speak with a doctor? Just tap on the Speak To a Doctor Now button on the home screen of the FreedomCare app to talk with a medical professional for free 24/7. If you don’t have the app, use this link to speak with a doctor: www.FreedomCareNY.com/Telehealth1
  • Feeling down or stressed? If you would like a listening ear or emotional support, you can call a licensed therapist at 1-800-433-2320, or text a therapist at 503-980-1777. This is a free service for FreedomCare caregivers and anyone who lives with you.
  • Read FreedomCare’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) Guide for caregivers and patients: https://bit.ly/2R6Qs7C

Local Resources

Community Resources

Good Samaritan Center-Excelsior Springs

Jackson County Resource Guide

  • Budget and Financial Management assistance for disabled, homeless, and elderly persons. www.bfmakc.org

United Way of Kansas City

  • United Way is a nonprofit organization that can help with fundraising and social support. Contact the United Way of The Greater Kansas City area by calling 816-472-4289 or by visiting www.unitedwaygkc.org

Missouri Department of Social Services

Missouri Medicare

Food Assistance

Home Delivered Meals

Kansas City Food Banks

Metropolitan Community College List of Food Pantries & Resources

Missouri Department of Social Services

National Hunger Hotline

  • To reach the USDA National Hunger Hotline, dial 1-866-3-HUNGRY or 1-877-8-HAMBRE from 7:00 AM-10:00 PM ET

Southern Platte Emergency Assistance Center Pantry

Home Energy Assistance

Bishop Sullivan Center

  • For household assistance, free AC unit programs, and help with food, clothes, and medical assistance, call the Bishop Sullivan Center at 816-231-0984 or visit www.bishopsullivan.org

Community Action Agency of Greater Kansas City

  • For weatherization assistance in the Greater Kansas City Metropolitan area, contact CAAGKC by calling 816-459-9615 or visiting www.caagkc.org

Low-Income Weatherization Assistance Program

Caregiver Support


Accessibility Medical Equipment LLC

KC Lift & Elevator

  • If you need accessibility and mobility equipment, KC Lift & Elevator has new and recycled options. To reach them, call 913-327-5557 or visit www.kclift.com

Missouri Assistive Technology

Alzheimer's and Dementia

Alzheimer’s Association

  • You can connect with a live person at the Alzheimer’s Association 24/7 by calling their support number at 800-272-3900
  • Connect with others who care for loved ones with Alzheimer's through free support groups, online message boards and forums, education programs, and blog posts at https://bit.ly/3hF5j4P
  • As Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia progress, your loved one's behaviors may change. Behavior change can be hard to handle, but here are some resources to guide you through each stage of the disease: https://bit.ly/2zHrjLx


Autism Speaks


American Cancer Society

  • Cancer Information Specialists are available 24/7 to answer your question about:
  • Specific cancers and coping with cancer
  • Treatment options and side effects
  • Medicines and pain control
  • Clinical trials
  • Prevention and screening
  • Quitting tobacco
  • There are many local and national resources available to cancer patients that they can refer you to including:patient services, support groups, social services, medical equipment, wigs and prostheses, transportation, lodging, and financial programs. Call 1-800-227-2345 or visit https://bit.ly/2N3QkU6

Cancer Support Community

  • Connect with English and Spanish speaking counselors and resource specialists available to chat with you and support you (M-F 9 am - 9pm) by calling 1-888-793-9355 or visiting https://bit.ly/3d9V5Gj


American Diabetes Association

Mental Health (Bipolar, Schizophrenia, and more)


  • National Helpline (1-800-662-HELP (4357)) is a free, confidential, 24/7/365 treatment referral and information service (in English and Spanish) for people and families facing mental or substance use disorders
  • SAMHSA provides referrals to local treatment centers, support groups, and community organizations. Learn more here: https://www.samhsa.gov

Senior Health

Clay County Senior Services

Mid-America Regional Council (MARC)

Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services

Northland Shepherd’s Center

Platte County Seniors

Missouri Seniors’ Legal Helpline

Starkey Foundation - Hear Now